Training By Brunel University London
Eujin Pei, Department of Design
Based on the research competencies of each partner from the earlier Mapping activities, a knowledge transfer and on-site training framework was developed for the training plan, leading to teaching materials that will be created. Brunel University London (UBRUN) delivered an 8 days’ workshop at UNIZAG FSB in Croatia from 3 June to 12 June 2019.
UBRUN covered aspects of Design for AM, Functionally Graded Materials, Metals Modelling of Functionally Graded Materials and AM Standards. These activities will extend the knowledge from INEX-ADAM to other stakeholders, regional SMEs and start-ups. In addition, the knowledge transfer activities will encourage end-users to develop joint projects with other industries and academic partners, thereby accelerating R&D investment in Croatia. The workshops were delivered and supported by Dr Eujin Pei, Dr Fabrizio Ceschin, Dr Busayawan Lam, Dr Israt Kabir and Giselle Loh from Brunel University London. The learning objectives from the workshops include:
- Demonstrating the innovation process and management systems for AM;
- Planning for future AM development in response to identified opportunities and potential requirements utilising strategic and creative tools via PSS and DfAM;
- Demonstrating the characteristics of business models and correlating them with innovation processes to tap on the potential of AM;
- Applying creative tools to envision and communicate business models for AM;
- Understanding existing standards for AM and the work of ISO/TC261;
- Reading, retrieving and applying standards for AM;
- Understanding the application of AM techniques to develop functionally graded parts and to identify key FGAM technologies;
- Demonstrating the modelling of metal AM techniques.